Very excited to be a part of SMX West this year. I haven’t made a secret of my frustration with search trade shows in general for catering to search marketing newbies, but SMX is unique in that they offer SMX advanced for marketers who don’t often learn at the more general trade shows, and a satisfaction guarantee. I had a great time at SMX Local & Mobile last year, and am looking forward to this SMX-perience as well.
If you are like me, and don’t often learn much anymore at search marketing trade shows, you should stop by and say hi on day 3, when I’ll be giving a presentation on advanced keyword research tactics. The session will be moderated by one of my favorite Search Insiders, Enquiro’s Gord Hotchkiss, and will also feature Christine Churchill of KeyRelevance and Marty Weintraub of aimClear.
I’m not holding much back at all in this one, detailing some of the most advanced keyword research tactics I use to bring the most qualified traffic to my clients’ digital assets. Here’s the basic outline I submitted for details:
Keyword Research Strategies for Web 3.0
- Finding Mobile/iPhone/BlackBerry Queries – similar to my guide to mobile keyword research.
- YouTube/Video Keyword Research – similar to this post on popular YouTube queries and video keyword research
- Qualifying users with user query intent –how focusing on whether a query is transactional, informational or navigational can help increase relevance and profit.
- Qualifying users by demographic – Using AdPlanner/comScore/Ad Intelligence to find keywords for a target demo
- Semantic search keyword research – Beyond keywords, how targeting word senses can prepare a brand for semantic search.
If you’re on the west coast, or plan to be around Santa Clara from February 10-12, why not plan to be learning something at SMX? If you do make it to the show and you read this blog, please feel free to introduce yourself and/or say hello.